Monday 25 November 2013

Christmas Present Box Card

Hello my friends, hope you've had a great week.
Our lovely and talented Michelle is our host over at BBTB2 and has challenged us to make a cricut holiday card.
 
A couple of months ago Hunkydory brought out a card kit that opened as a present. Since I'm not a kit sort of girl I thought how can I make this work on my cricut and this is what I came up with...
 
My present boxes...
 
Inside a Christmas 3d scene!
 
 
Okay, my presents look nothing like the Hunkydory ones but I am rather pleased with how they turned out !
 
Here's how I made them...
 
I used Wild Card and cut the base box at 5.5"
The sides and top are not cut on the cricut.
 
For the sides I cut 2 pieces of card at 3.5" by 3.25"
Top piece is just over 4.5" by justover 1.75"
I cut red card at .5" by 4.5" and .5 by 3.5"
and diecut a bow. I used a  My Creative Time die but Artiste also has bows on it.
 
Assemble the box, but instead of securing both sides just seal one and the top/back that would usually open.
For the insert cut card at 4.25" by 3.25"
Decorate the card. I used Winter Woodland for the skates at 2.5"
I used lots of 3d foam for dimension.
 
Glue the insert into the card and then glue the side up.
Score all pieces at .5" to attach to the back and then just over.5" to fold around box.
Only glue the pieces that attach to the back of the box as you need the rest to open clear.
 

Add the red card and bow to make it look like a present, just remember to only glue to one side!
 
 

I used  Postcard Add on's and Holiday Tickets from My Creative Time.
An assortment of dies for the first present box.
 
I have another design to share later this week.
I am entering this over at My Craft Spot - Christmas shaped card.
I am also entering this over at FCCB sparkle and bling challenge.
 
I hope you like my present card, do
come and play along with us at BBTB2.
 
Thanks for looking.
 
 


                                                       

31 comments:

  1. Jayne, this is completely amazing!!!!! I am blown away at how cool this looks-love the sparkle on the bottom of the skates and the 3D effect! All of the many details you added combine into something fabulous!!!!! Someone will be thrilled to get this for Christmas!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these cards are darling! Love the little scenes you have created! Wonderful attention to detail! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work here - gorgeous!!! ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow, Jayne, these are amazing!! I love everything about them...the design, the papers, the bows, the scenes you've created!! They are absolutely gorgeous my friend!! You did a fabulous job!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers!! Those are fantastic! Love, love, love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! WOW!! Your cards are just PRECIOUS!!!! Love all the fun details and 3-D!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jayne, these are AWESOME! What a super fun design and the papers are gorgeous! Absolutely stunning! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, wow!! These are wonderful Jayne! I've never seen anything like it, but I love it! How cool that the scene is 3D and I love your MCT bow and tag. You rocked this my friend! Hugs!!! ps Not sure if you celebrate Thanksgiving or not, but if you do have a wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I LOVE this. It is adorable. I love Christmas and this has gotten me in the spirit for sure. Thanks for joining us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful and such a wonderful idea !!!Amazing !!!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is most awesome Jayne!!! I so love the scenes in your present boxes!!! So beautiful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my this is just incredible Jayne! Such detail, and such a pretty, pretty,, pretty box!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Jayne! WOW!!! These look AMAZING! I LOVE them! Fabulous job, really! They turned out so great!!! Have a wonderful week!!!

    Emily - Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jayne, this is AMAZING girl! You always create the most beautiful creations! Wow, love the gorgeous scene, fabulous papers, great textures and wonderful embellishments! You rocked this project!!!!
    Have a wonderful week and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jayne... what can I possibly say?! These are extraordinary in concept and design! I love and adore each scene... what a treasure to behold. You are so talented and it's always a joy to visit you! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, Jayne, these are gorgeous. You always amaze me. I love everything about them. Great design you figures out. Papers are fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are just gorgeous Jayne!! I just love the scenes you built into them :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you need my addy?, lol Those are just absolutely AMAZING. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jayne, I saw your card, and I just have to try this. This card is so beautiful. I love the scene inside the gift. Absolutely awesome! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh these are stunning. Love the skates and the "ice" on the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are fabulous, Jayne! The bows are so pretty and I love the sweet little scene inside. The skate is fantastic too!

    I do hope all is well with you!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  22. There are no words! I just love everything about this! I am a sucker for a paper bow! Lovely lovely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh WOW!!!! Just AMAZING Jayne! I so LOOOVVVE these! You are such the clever crafter! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jayne, these are quite brilliant! Thank you for sharing the instructions. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jayne ~ OOMMGG!!! Are you kidding me! These are SERIOUSLY AMAZING!!! I so have to attempt ~ key word attempt ~ to make these! I LOVE them to piece!! The idea alone blew me away but the details! You ROCK!!! Thanks for the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This came out wonderful Jayne thanks for the turoial also I love how the scene looks so 3d and the images are perfect for winter.Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are just incredible! I love them and I am going to make one, thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is great! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG these are just GORGEOUS Jayne, I LOVE they both!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really beautiful cards, Jayne! Wow!! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete